Saturday, June 25, 2011

Thoughts About Winter AND having a Winter Party

One of my earliest posts was about a delicious hot cocoa recipe that I used to make all the time back in Australia. 

With just 4 days to go until we return home for a month of cold weather in Melbrrrrrne, I mean, Melbourne, sipping hot cocoa by the heater has been on my mind once again. Mmmmm! YUM!

What's also been on my mind is how my kids will cope with the icy temperatures back home. It's been 12 months of sunshine and heat here in Thailand- rarely a day below 30 degrees.

To my three children (5,4 and 2) winter is simply a novelty!

So much so that last year for my birthday, we had a winter themed celebration and went to the Chiangmai Snow Dome to celebrate! 


My 5 year old thought it was so cool but my youngest son (just one year old at the time) was pretty much miserable for the entire 20 minute session.  They did provide gumboots and jackets, but poor little Spencer looked like he went in to an instant state of shock. We couldn’t really explain to him what was happening and on top of that, he was being wrapped in a jacket 10 sizes too big, wearing gumboots that kept falling off his little feet and disappearing under a big hood that made it difficult for him to see!

I'm just saying... their reactions to the Melbourne weather will be very interesting. I'm wondering how long it will take until the excitement of feeling cold wears off... or is that just me?

Okay now on to some cute pictures to motivate and inspire you to make your "winter" themed party that bit "cooler".












No comments:

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

kidspot.com.au

kidspot.com.au