Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas Traditions


Traditions add meaning and character to special holidays. As children my siblings and I put a pillowslip at the end of our beds on Christmas Eve for ‘stocking’ type presents.
In our home now, we each have a sack and I fill it with little 'stocking' presents. Then the BIG ones go under the tree.
The first Christmas, after I was married, my husband and I decided to give each other a stocking present (or two) on Christmas Eve and it just wouldn't feel like Christmas without a real Christmas tree chosen and cut down from the Christmas tree farm.



My sister and I started a tradition of performing a boot scooting dance to Mariah Carey’s “All I want for Christmas is You” when we were teenagers and it still brings a laugh each year on December 25th.

Whatever you choose, once you choose a family activity, do it once or twice and declare it "a new family tradition".

Here a few suggestions that you may like to adopt for your own family.
Read a Christmas story every night for the last ten days before Christmas.
Pile everyone in the car, put on some carols and drive around to see the lights.
Adopt a Christmas tradition from around the world. Learn about Christmas customs from several countries e.g learn a new name for Santa, special recipes or games.
Get the kids to help you choose a present for a local ‘wishing tree’ or fill a shoe box for Samaritan’s Purse. . . for more from this post click here:
Christmas Time

No comments:

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

kidspot.com.au

kidspot.com.au