Thursday, August 13, 2009

Mesh Fresh Food Feeder


I love these mesh fresh food feeders. All my friends know this about me already because I give them out to anyone I know either when they become pregnant or have a baby.
If you haven’t got one, they are FANTASTIC. You can put so many different things inside and your baby (after they’ve started solids) holds it themselves and sucks away.
They can be great after dinner, as a snack or just when they’re teething.
I usually put pear, mandarin pieces, cantaloupe, honeydew, peach or other fruit pieces inside ours but I’ve also used frozen fruit and vegetables too. You could also just put a water ice block in it on a hot day or when your baby is getting teeth. (I don’t recommend banana in them though. It’s hard to clean out the fruit from the mesh).
This morning I pulled out some frozen watermelon that I had in the freezer and despite it being winter, all three children munched away on their cold fruit with great enthusiasm (baby included using his mesh feeder!).
If you get really adventurous you can also do a two-fruit combo! A mix of pear and peach for example!
If you’ve not seen them they are available from supermarkets and places like Baby Target, Toys R Us etc. There’s a couple of different brands out now and they retail for around $6-$8.

2 comments:

SquiggleMum said...

I think these are a great idea, but try as I might to convince my son to chomp on the food end, he would only chomp the ring meant for holding! Funny kid.

Busy Brissy Mum said...

I've had one of these for ages but just never used it with Miss M. Thanks to your blog I was encouraged to get it out and let Miss H have a go. She loved it!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

kidspot.com.au

kidspot.com.au