Sunday, August 9, 2009

An award! Who me?


Okay, so I am still getting used to the fact that a few people are actually reading my blog! Yay! And thanks!
For so long I have kept this blog going for myself as a journal really as well as to store away bits of random information (I have a really bad memory- even before having kids!) and make information available to other mums that I come across who may be searching for a particular topic e.g. potty training or something.
My lovely friend Toni from 'my little suitcase' (previously Modern Day Pioneers) has always been a follower but it's very humbling to think that people that I've never met are actually taking the time to stop by and read what I've written and NOW someone has even given me an award.
Well I definitely do not feel worthy but a huge thank you to Christie Burnett from Childhood 101 who has given me a love token/ award.. you're way too kind! Please visit Christie's site. She offers so many great tips and well researched information. I love reading her blog and I find it really honest and inspiring. As an Early Childhood Teacher, lecturer, writer, consultant AND mum, she has heaps to offer.


A condition of the award is to list seven things about myself. So here I go:

1. I have been a Christian since I was a child. I find it challenging to talk freely about my faith with people who don't believe in God but I'm not really sure why. It's an area of my life that I am constantly trying to improve. I benefit so much from the peace, joy and strength that I draw from God but I guess I get worried that people will start asking me deep theological/ scientific questions that I won't be able to answer. I wish I had answers to all the hard questions. I wish my incredibly small human mind could make sense of the indescribable creator of the universe and that it didn't stretch my faith SO much. But that's not what "faith" is I guess! It's 'the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things unseen'.

2. My first ever job at the tender age of 14 and 9 months was as a salad bar girl at the Ferntree Gully Sizzler. I then went on to have all sorts of jobs including my "claim to fame" -being an extra on shows such as Neighbours and Blue Heelers and my biggest role, being attacked in an episode of Australia's Most Wanted!

3. I am one of 3 children. My sister is my best girlfriend and my brother I saw for the first time in 3 and a half years last Tuesday (that's another story).

4. Prior to having children my husband and I both decided to get braces on our teeth as adults. It was one of the most embarrassing stages of my life (teaching Grade 6 at the time and 80% of the class also had braces!) BUT one of the best decisions that I ever made. I'm really glad I did it.

5. I have had three c-sections. The first one was an emergency and the other two were planned. I felt a bit let down initially after having an emergency caesarian like I'd failed in the whole 'giving birth' department but then I realised just how blessed I was to have a healthy, thriving baby and I decided not to beat myself up about it any more.

6. In January next year my husband and I are moving our family to Thailand. We are going over to support the work of the ZOE Children's Home who are an international Christian organization that rescue children who are sold, or at risk of being sold, into prostitution slavery; orphaned, or victims of other heinous crimes and abuse.
I am so excited about the move and this next stage of life although I will miss our families tremendously. I can't wait to be a part of something so much bigger than myself and having the opportunity to totally turn around the direction of a small child's life. I will write more about this as the move gets closer.

7. I never watch t.v (besides the odd bit of ABC Kids with my children). I turned the television off a number of months ago now and I've never looked back. I don't even know what I'm missing anymore!! Weird I know.

Phew. So now I have to pass on some awards to 7 other bloggers. I've noticed that some of the blogs I love to read have already got awards and I'm not sure about what the rules are on giving more than one, so I'll try to choose blogs that haven't received one yet.

1.Okay so the first award goes to my little suitcase my friend Toni just renamed her blog 'my little suitcase'. Her blog is the keeper of pretty images, thoughts, crafts, recipes and ramblings. She writes from her life experiences as a mum of two, wife and craft extraordinaire.

2.Jessica Dodd As the ZOE Children's Ministry Director in Thailand, she oversees both staff and volunteers, conducts weekly services, creates programs and evangelistic outreaches to children, and coordinates special events such as camps and short term mission’s teams. This girl is truly inspirational!

3.Earth Mum, Caitlin Johnstone, is a mum and web designer from Aspendale, Vic, Australia. The EarthMums blog helps time-poor people act on climate change without being political or extreme. They are just some mums who want to save the planet for their kids.

4. The Green Living Tips blog put together by Michael Bloch gives earth friendly advice for going green, reducing costs, consumption & impact on the environment!

5. Crafting a Green World features do-it-yourself projects that incorporate reused, recycled, and natural materials. Find knitting, sewing, crocheting, and other project ideas for eco-friendly and fashionable clothes, crafts, gifts and more. Lead writer Kelly Rand is an environmentalist by day, and blogger by night. She spends her free time by pursuing crafty endeavors and volunteering for numerous causes. She is an avid knitter and fabric hoarder, whose stash of crafty material threatens to take over her tiny apartment.

6. A friend from back in my high school days has just started a blog called Bec's Cupcake Obsession. It's looking great and I wanted to wish her all the best with her upcoming endeavours! Check it out!

7. Gemma and Pip over at Craft City Melbourne have created a local directory of perfect spots to visit for crafty inspiration. It's the grass-roots low down on Melbourne Craft! Shops where you can buy handmade, craft suppliers, fabric stores, wholesalers who are open to the public, galleries, op-shops, great cafes (for crafty pit-stops!) and other points of interest for crafty people (such as workshops and resource centres). Arranged in Suburb categories, the aim is to make it a pinch to locate hard-to-find stores and crafty secret spots! It's the perfect prelude to a crafty afternoon out, and you won't miss a thing!

So there is my list, if the people above choose to play along, they will need to...

:: Post the logo of the blog love token
:: Thank and link to the person who passed it on to them
:: List seven things about themselves
:: Pass the token on to seven other bloggers (and leave comments on their blogs to let them know they have been loved).

1 comment:

Toni Brockliss said...

I am so sad. You are leaving. I am in shock and am coming over on real email to talk to you. There in a sec.
x
PS - Thank you so much for the award. You are so sweet Andie.
PSS - Just because you don't push a baby out of your vagina doesn't make you any less of a mum. You are awesome.
PSSS - I love that you are christian, and even though I don't know if I have a belief, I love to hear about religion and passions that drive people. If more people were open to people's religions and beliefs, the world would be a better place.

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

kidspot.com.au

kidspot.com.au