Thursday, May 14, 2009

A few of our favourite things…

I love the musical and movie, ‘The Sound of Music’. I can’t wait until my children are old enough to sit and watch it with me. Hopefully they’ll fall in love with it as much as I did as a child. That song, about favourite things was on my mind this morning as I watched my two eldest children enjoying some of their favourite belongings.

It’s funny how there are some toys that are exciting for all of about 5 minutes and then they rarely get played with ever again. Then there’s other things which are just enjoyed over and over again with a never-ending amount of pleasure because they can be reinvented and used in so many different ways.

Today I want to acknowledge the cardboard boxes, bikes, Little People, beach tents, dolls, dress ups, sand pit, bath toys… these are the things in our house that have stood the test of time. Some of the bath toys we own have been around for three years now and have continued to be adapted as the children grow and change and find new ways to play with them. We have toys that both my 6 month old and 3 and a half-year-old play with in different ways.
When you find toys like this treasure them for these are the ones that help your children develop their imaginations and create memories. Here are a few of our favourite things…







No comments:

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

kidspot.com.au

kidspot.com.au