Friday, April 17, 2009

Our Easter





As a Christian, the meaning of Easter is that of honoring and recognising Jesus Christ's resurrection from the dead, and His glorious promises of eternal life for all who believe in Him.

To be honest, I found the Christmas story much easier to talk about with my young children however I was determined to not JUST focus on the Easter bunny; I did make an attempt to tell my children a very simple message.

When my three year old asked why there was a cross on the hot cross bun he was eating, I told him it was to remind us that God loves us. Very simple I know but seriously there will be many other times when words like ‘died’, ‘cross’ and ‘resurrection’ can be explained.

We had a lovely Easter. Our decision to stay home this year instead of going away turned out to be a great one. We had so much fun visiting Healesville Sanctuary, the Arboretum in Ferntree Gully and having Easter Sunday at home both relaxing and doing some maintenance around the house with the help of my parents. It was so much fun setting up an Easter hunt for the kids and hearing them chatter about where the Easter bunny had gone (they could see his footprints leading to their cubby!) And, oh yes, eating chocolate eggs mmmmmm!

As I grow older I realise that it is often these simple things that turn out to be the best.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

kidspot.com.au

kidspot.com.au