Sunday, April 19, 2009

Kid's Rooms







I really wanted to make a quilt for my daughter's room. I had no idea how to, I just knew I wanted to and I could see what I thought it should look like in my head. Anyway, I bought some material and set to work making it up as I went. With the scraps I made some bunting for her room too and this has been hanging on the wall for ages now (since I first started making the quilt). Well every few days my son spots the unfinished quilt sitting on top of the sewing machine and asks if he can have some "flags" and a blanket for his room too and I reply "Yes of course you can once I finish this one". Up until this point, the first quilt has never been finished but this weekend I was determined to finish the quilt AND I also made some bunting for my son's room and a little quilt for his bed too. I got an idea after reading my friend Toni's blog to make the quilt like a cover for a doona which is what I did for my son's bed... hence it was sooooo much quicker! I love the bright colours in his room. It really makes it look more cheerful. So now the big question is, "What should I make next?"

1 comment:

Toni Brockliss said...

Ands that looks absolutely fantastic! I am so proud of you and look at your quilt squares! They are perfect. Mine are so wonky and don't line up. What an awesome mummy.
x

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

kidspot.com.au

kidspot.com.au