Friday, April 24, 2009

Anzac Biscuits


I made these Anzac biscuits yesterday. For anyone who has never made them, they are really easy so I thought I would share the recipe I have been using for years. It's from the "NMAA Cooks" book (Nursing Mothers' Association of Australia). Of course the kids both enjoyed helping too and rolling the mixture into balls (and eating it!)

1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup SR flour
1/2 cup plain flour
3/4 cup coconut
3/4 cup sugar (raw, brown or white) I like to use brown.
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 tablespoons boiling water
125g butter melted
2 tablespoons golden syrup

Mix all dry ingredients.
Dissolve soda in boiling water and then add to melted butter and golden syrup.
Add to dry ingredients and mix well.
Place in teaspoonfuls on greased tray.
Bake in moderately slow oven (160) for 15 minutes.

1 comment:

Toni Brockliss said...

I have been looking for a great anzac biscuit recipe and you have made my night!
I love the new look blog. It's gorgeous....like you. :)
One more week!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

kidspot.com.au

kidspot.com.au